Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Teacher Card

It's funny, but I can go a month or more without making a card, and then, once I need a card for a special occasion, I find myself making them for all sorts of things! I just realized I've posted a lot of cards recently, so those of you follow my blog to see scrapbook layouts, I'm sorry! I'll be posting more layouts this week, but in the meantime here's another card, this one for my son's preschool teacher. The school is closing, so she will be unemployed after 12 years. I wanted to make sure she knew how much we love her and appreciate the impact she's had on my son the last 2 years, so I made this special card that lists a few of her attributes. I was inspired by Jan Moxey's challenge to create a card about becoming the complete person you were intended to be. Then I decided to use the Heart2Heart challenge colors for this week (Tulip, Buttercup, and black) and the Mojo Monday sketch 144, so I packed three challenges into this one card! How fun. I realized after I had finished my card that I glued the checklist tilted the wrong way, but I think it still looks okay.



Recipe:
Checklist, Noted Backgrounds, September Word Puzzle & Tiny Typewriter Alphabet stamp sets
Silhouette Level 2 papers
Tulip, Black, Buttercup & White Daisy cardstock
Tulip & Black ink
Tulip, Black & Buttercup markers
Ribbon (Michaels)

7 comments:

Jody Gustafson said...

Very Cute! I'm going to file this idea in my teacher file. Thanks!

Haley D. said...

Great card! I'm sure she'll love it.

Jan said...

Love your card. Thanks for taking up the challenge of responding to the Inspired by Words on Wednesday.

Mary said...

Great teacher card! Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

Cardmaking Galore said...

Lovely card - I like the idea of ticking thoughts on a card. Well done

Pamela OConnor said...

What a fabulous idea to use that stamp set for a teacher card. Great card!

Anonymous said...

How cute is that? Thanks so much for playing along with us again this week, Cheryl! Love your artwork!