Monday, August 8, 2011

What a Difference Layout

I was having a hard time figuring out what to title this layout - I've used "Family" and "Together" so many times! - when I remembered Patti's Thursday challenge from Split Coast Stampers. Okay, it was Patti's challenge from last month, but she wanted us to build a layout around the theme "What a Difference." I thought it would make a great title starter, so I stamped it large and then added "family makes" to the journaling box. Thanks for a great idea, Patti. She also wanted us to use three different patterned papers and stars somewhere on the layout. My stars are on the ticket; kinda small, but they're there! I also used a sketch from Nuts About Sketches.



Recipe:
Trinity Alphabet, You & Me & Spot On Backgrounds stamp sets
Emporium Level 2 papers & My Stickease
Crystal Blue, Buttercup & Colonial White cardstock
Crystal Blue, Cocoa, Vineyard Berry & Buttercup ink
Cocoa marker
Spring Blossom Just Blooms
Pearls
Sweet Leaf fabric brad
Decorative metal brad (unknown source)

4 comments:

Kristin K. said...

Great layout! Love your title idea. I too tend to keep using the same thing over and over for a title. Thanks for the inspiration!

Chanel's Owner aka Michelle said...

I love this layout! Lots of photo's! My kinda layout! Do you remember which layout number this is?

Cheryl Even said...

If you're asking for the sketch number, it was Week 136 on Nuts About Sketches.

Chanel's Owner aka Michelle said...

you got it! that is indeed what i wanted! Thanks!