Friday, December 16, 2011

Heart 2 Heart Sketch Challenge 11

I finally climbed out from under my mountain of Christmas cards long enough to create this sketch and layout for the Heart 2 Heart challenge blog. It's simple, featuring only three photos, but you could always replace the long photo at the bottom with a series of 3" x 3" photos. It also uses some pennants, something I haven't experimented with much yet. I cut the shortest pennant out using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge, and then, since you can't cut longer pennants using the cartridge without also having them wider, I used it as a template to cut the longer pennants. The title and snowflakes were also cut out using the AP cartridge. There are so many fun shapes on that cartridge that you could use to fill in the asterisks from the sketch. Have fun creating, and don't forget to link your artwork to the Heart 2 Heart blog so everyone can see it!

The Sketch:






















My Layout:



Recipe:
Wonderland papers
Bamboo & Colonial White cardstock
Twilight, Crystal Blue, Chocolate & Bamboo ink
Twilight marker
Pearl Opaques
Stickles (Ranger)

No comments: