Sunday, June 10, 2012

Belt Graduation Layout

The Heart 2 Heart challenge this week was to use black and white plus one color of our choice on our project. I don't have a lot of black patterned paper, so I made some of my own using stamps. I chose Moonstruck as my additional color. It was harder than I though creating such a large canvas using only those three colors. I'm not sure my end result isn't a little clinical looking, but at least I captured the memory.


Recipe:
Friendship Alphabet Small, Noted Backgrounds, Blue Ribbon & My Game stamp sets
Superhero Level 2 papers
Moonstruck, Black & White Daisy cardstock
Moonstruck, Black & Versamark ink
Black marker
Black ribbon
White embossing powder
3-D foam tape
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: banners
Pattern: Let's Scrap sketch 5-7-12

2 comments:

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Hey Cheryl, I wouldn't be critical of your layout! I think it is great - love that you have featured the memory with a little art supporting this little fellow's accomplishment! I think the banners look cool and I like the scattering of stars around the real star!
Thanks so much for sharing on H2H!

Tamytha said...

I agree with Mary. It is great. It is crazy difficult to make a scrapbook layout with really only one color and two neutrals. I think you pulled it off beautifully!