Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Treats Tag

The kid's in my son's class are writing letters of appreciation to the unsung heroes of the school (like the maintenance staff) and I was asked to make little tags to go on the accompanying treat bags. I think the room mom probably just needed something printed off the computer, but I couldn't resist the chance to get creative! I couldn't go too crazy since I had to make 12 of them, but I managed a few fun Cricut cuts and a little bit of coloring.


Recipe:
Santa Claus stamp set
Desert Sand, Topiary & White Daisy cardstock
Desert Sand, Topiary & Cranberry ink
Taffy marker
Gold gel pen
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tag
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: scalloped mat

4 comments:

Sharon Madson said...

How cute are they?! Great job.

Anonymous said...

What size did you cut the tag and mat at?

Cathy

Cheryl Even said...

Cathy, I gave all the tags away and now I can't remember the sizing! I even dug through my trash to try to find the paper I wrote the dimensions on, but no luck. For the top photo, I placed the tags on the reverse of my 12" x 12" Versamat, so I'm guessing they are 4" to 4.25" long. Also, the white rectangle was 2" x 2.75", so maybe you can build out from that. I did cut some length off the scalloped mat. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Cheryl Even said...

I can't believe it, but I actually found the paper with dimensions for the tags on it! The Desert Sand tag is cut at 4.25" & the Topiary mat is 2.25" Real Dial Size, then trimmed.