Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

Skating Party Card

My foster daughter really wants a roller skating party for her birthday, so we made the reservations and she decided who she wanted to invite, and then I spent this morning making invitations to her party! Since I didn't have a Cricut cartridge with a roller skate on it, I found a cute die-cut pattern on the Silhouette site, and used that as my focal point. We're inviting boys and girls, so I tried to make the invite not too obviously girly but still included some pink.
Recipe:
AP Celebrations stamp set
Dotty for You level 2 papers
Lagoon, Smoothie, Chocolate, Creme Brulee & White Daisy cardstock
Lagoon & Sunset ink
Chocolate brads
Pattern: Retro Sketches 157
Challenges: Clear It Out Birthday & Polka-Dots challenge; Heart 2 Heart Opposites Attract (I used shades that are opposite each other on the color wheel - blue/orange, yellow/pink)

4 comments:

Nikka Geers said...

Cute skate. I didnt know kids still went to the roller rink Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

Lisa Mensing said...

Skate Party! I remember skate parties like it was yesterday and trust me it wasn't! lol I love the colors you used on this. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing at CIO Polka Dots challenge. Lisa Dt

Bonnie A said...

Where did you get the pattern to cut out the roller skate. that is how I met my husband. Roller skating. :)

Cheryl Even said...

Bonnie, it's a cutting file from the Silhouette Store. Only 99 cents but you have to have a Silhouette or Wishblade to cut it out. Contact me if you need me to cut one out and send it to you.