Sunday, June 21, 2015

Super Duper Dad Card

I've been making lots of cards this month but I forgot all about making a Father's Day card until this evening, so I had to wait until my hubby was in bed to start crafting! Thanks to a loosely interpreted sketch from Retro Sketches, I had a basic design. My husband loves to take the kids to the skate park, so I immediately thought of using the Later Sk8r papers for the card. Does anyone remember the scene in The Incredibles where Mr. Incredible asks his kids how they are doing after a wild car ride involving almost crashing the car, and his kids respond, "Super duper, Dad?" This Picture My Life card totally reminded me of that, so I built a Father's Day card around it!

Recipe:
Later Sk8r Level 2 papers & Picture My Life card
White Daisy cardstock
Whisper, Slate, Pear, Lagoon & Black ink
Black marker
Black hemp
Licorice Opaques - black
Dymo label - black
Cricut Artiste cartridge: dad
Challenges: Heart 2 Heart Man Oh Man challenge; Use Your Stuff Color Me Happy challenge (my hubby's relationship with my kids makes me happy, so I used a favorite color combo of blue and green to celebrate it)

5 comments:

Lori said...

Fantastic Father's Day card! I love all of your layers. Thanks for joining our Color Me Happy challenge this week at Use Your Stuff
Lori - UYSDT

Nikka Geers said...

I love the use of pml cards

Lauren said...

Your card made me smile with the movie reference, love the use of the PML card for the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at H2H challenges.

Brandi said...

Wonderful card! I love the colours, the feel, the texture, it is all great! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

Brandi R
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Unknown said...

Hello Cheryl!

What a wonderful creation, a style I have not seen before and it actually looks really unique with the Dymo tape being involved.
Thank you very much for sharing it!
We look forward to more and thank you for involving us!

With best regards,
Jesper K
DYMOSupport