Saturday, August 29, 2015

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 Layout

Over at Lasting Memories, they challenged us to use the provided sketch plus include something with wings; I wanted to add some baby chicks in honor of our Easter egg hunt, but I didn't own a single stamp or sticker that had chicks on it! (Guess I know what to put on my wish list for next Easter). Instead, I added some butterflies that a German exchange student who stayed with us in 2013 gave me. I used my black marker a lot on this layout in order to mimic the look of the stamped Easter eggs and to tie the whole page together. BTW: there isn't actually a black strip on top of the layout; I wanted to show the sunburst extending off the page, so I didn't crop off the Versamat that was under the layout when I photographed it. Not sure whether to keep the sunburst as is or trim it off since it will stick out of the page protector. What do you think?

Recipe:
My Peeps & Bingo Alphabet stamp sets
Brushed Level 2 papers
Sky, Canary, Pixie, Pear, Topiary & White Daisy cardstock
Creme Brulee, Blush, Juniper, Pear & Black ink
Black marker
Watercolor markers (Prismacolor)
Butterfly stickers (Rossler Papier)
Sky & White Daisy brads
3-D foam tape
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: flowers, stems, title box
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: title, sunburst
Challenges: Heart 2 Heart Good Day, Sunshine

6 comments:

Nikka Geers said...

Love all the doodling Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout! Thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart!

Jay Kosta said...

I love the sunburst long... gorgeous layout with such an Easter feel - I love the bunny and easter eggs!

Brandi said...

Very pretty, I love the sum, so cute! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenge (H2H)!

Brandi R
DT member H2H Challenge
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Cynthia McCloud said...

Thanks for showing us how at Heart 2 Heart!

Heather Jane said...

Your layout has me looking forward to Easter in the middle of the season of preparing for Halloween! :) -HeatherJane H2H DT