Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Rancho Simi Layout + November Single Sketch

Even though I posted the single page sketch on Splitcoast Stampers three weeks ago, I hadn't gotten around to creating a layout to go with it, so today I sat down and powered one out. Since all the photos are matted, this seemed like a good layout for a patterned paper background, so I pulled a full sheet from the Pathfinder packet and went to work. I was playing along with a Scrapbook.com stamping challenge to stamp a bird on your layout, and I can't believe I actually had a chicken stamp! I've been doing this way too long, right?

The sketch:

My layout:
Recipe:
Bingo Alphabet, Catch You Later & Today's Date stamp sets
Pathfinder Level 2 papers
Glacier, Chocolate, Barn Red, Champagne & Colonial White cardstock
Glacier, Chocolate, Barn Red & Olive ink
Olive marker
Chocolate baker's twine
Chocolate embroidery floss
Chocolate brads
Scalloped border punch (Fiskars)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tag, hearts
Pattern: Splitcoast Stampers Sketch15Nov1
Challenges: Lasting Memories Bingo / Thankful challenge - I used the diagonal row with brads, multiple photos, tag, and 2 alphas. I didn't actually use the word thankful on my layout, but I was truly thankful to sit down and rest for a while, so hopefully that counts!

2 comments:

Sandy Ross said...

Great layout...love your embellishing. Thanks for joining the challenge at Lasting Memoires!

Tina Campbell said...

Such a great page :) I love your take on the sketch too :) Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories Tina LMDT