Saturday, May 28, 2016

ABC Album J & K Layouts

I embarked on an ambitious project this week: I am making an ABC album for my son's kindergarten teacher. She had a rough year with him because of some behavioral issues (his, not hers!), but she was wonderful with him and we saw lots of improvement, so this is my big thanks for her perseverance with him. It's quite a project so I'm creating layouts as inspiration strikes, which is why these are out of order.

For the J layout, I used sketch 200 from Sketches in Thyme. Since my layout was only 8" x 8", I went with a much larger picture than shown on the sketch, and I snuggled part of my title up against the photo since it wouldn't fit across the page.

For the K layout, I used the May 1st sketch from Stuck Sketches. In retrospect, I kinda wish I'd added an embossed pattern to the green pieces for extra interest, but once I glued everything down, I decided to just keep moving. After all, I have 24 more layouts to complete!
Recipe:
Buzz and Bumble & Splendor Level 2 papers
Sunset, Cashmere, Sweet Leaf, Cocoa & Colonial White cardstock
Sunset, Cashmere, Sweet Leaf, Cocoa, Goldrush & Glacier ink
Black marker
Colonial White ric-rac
Colonial White & Sunset baker's twine
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: butterflies, title, hearts, scalloped circle
Cricut Artistry cartridge: kite, journaling shape
Challenges: Heart 2 Heart's transportation challenge was a perfect fit for my school bus layout

12 comments:

Lauren said...

What a sweet idea, I am sure she will love this! You have put in so much thought and effort into each page. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

Aurelie said...

Love the colors on your layout! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!

Eli said...

It will be a beautiful present for the teacher, sure! Thanks for sharing at Sketches in Thyme. Eli

Lori said...

What a sweet thing for you to do! This looks like an awesome start to the album! I hope we get to see more! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketches In Thyme!

Marlene said...

What a great but ambitious project, I am sure she will just love it!!

Nicole Doiron said...

What a fantastic take on the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Laura Creates said...

Fabulous page, love your earthy colours! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

blbabe1234 said...

What a fun take on the sketch! Love the papers. Thanks for joinng us at Sketches in Thyme!

Unknown said...

Fun page and such a thoughtful gift! Love that the kite is in the clouds!!
Great take on the sketch
Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Sharon said...

Beautiful beautiful idea and pages. Thank you for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme.

Brandi said...

Great job! I Love it. What a fun unique idea. Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

Brandi R
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Helen Pigott said...

Love, love, love, a great layout!
Thank you for taking the time to join us at Sketches in Thyme!
~Helen~