I was invited to be the December guest designer on Stick It Down sketch challenge blog, and the sketch they sent me was a doozy! I had several ideas about how to use this sketch, but I finally settled on scrapping the tons of photos we had taken at my son's 12th birthday party. With the big heart in the center of the sketch, this seemed like a great way to create a photo montage and use lots of pictures.
• I cut a heart on my Cricut using the "fit to page" function, and then used the negative space as a frame for the photo montage.
• I replaced the banner with more photos, and shifted my title to the empty space on the other page.
• On the right side of the page, I added a rectangular photo and journaling mat to balance out the rectangular photos on the left hand page.
• I had to piece together the blue sections of the background because of the heart cut-out in the middle of the layout, so that's why I allowed a piece of the background to show through on my right hand page. Plus it accents the matted photos of my son quite well, don't you think?
• I used no patterned paper on this layout because I didn't want anything competing with all those photos, but I did use a random dot stamp set to add a little texture to the Lagoon cardstock.
The sketch challenge is open until December 31, so be sure to check it out and play along!
Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp set (SU)
Lagoon, Goldrush, Autumn Terracotta, Tulip & White Daisy cardstock
Lagoon, Goldrush & Autumn Terracotta ink
SIlver bitty brad
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: hearts
Cricut Artiste: title, bow