Saturday, November 4, 2017

Pub Layout

I'm back!!! School and soccer season started and my mojo apparently fell off the end of the earth, but today I actually woke up feeling crafty, so here's the result. Two challenge blogs were asking to see layouts about something or someone we're thankful for, so I included my thankful moment in my journaling: "It was fun to see the reserved Londoners let their hair down in the pub near our hotel, but the smooshed peas certainly made me thankful for the food at home!" Smooshed peas seemed to be a staple food that accompanies fish and chips in England, and it's something I will be thankful never to eat again! On a side note, the fish and chips at the Prince Albert Pub were the best we had in London.
Recipe:
Urban Alphabet stamp set
For Always Level 2 papers
Black & Crystal Blue cardstock
Crystal Blue & Versamark ink
Black marker
Gold Metallic marker
Gold embossing powder
Gold brads (from my stash)
Triangles washi tape
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: pennants
Pattern: Stick It Down November single page sketch (slightly modified)
Challenges: Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge use words of thanks; Colorful Creations thankful challenge

14 comments:

Colleen said...

Very nice page, love the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

Colleen--DT for SID
http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

Dotstolines said...

Lovely layout! Thanks for playing with us at colorful creations!

Michelle VO said...

I think I would tend to agree to be thankful not to have smooshed peas either - love your idea for the challenge, thanks for joining us at Colorful Creations :)

Natsuko said...

I've been to England and I agree too!Great take on the challenge,and thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash❤

Linda said...

Are these Close to My Heart papers and stamps? I like your scrapbook page.

Brenda's Scrap Place said...

Love your take on the challenge. Thanks for joining in with us this month at Colorful Creations.

Monique Nicole Fox said...

Cute! Thanks for playing with us at Colorful Creations Scrapbooking.

Eli said...

Great memories to fix in a layout. Very good job. Eli (Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge)

Julene Matthews said...

Colourful interpretation of the sketch. THanks for joining us at Stick it Down.

Cathy Lu said...

Everything about this page is gorgeous! Love it. Thanks for joining us at Stick it down.

Shannon said...

I love the colors on this layout! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!

Laura said...

Aah, mushy peas... not a fan either and I'm British!
I love your take on our sketch, thanks for joining us.
New sketch up tomorrow... hope to see you again!
Laura
Stick It Down

Tania said...

Fabulous page and take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Colorful Creations :)

Cathy Lu said...

Ohh great work! That's a perfect background paper for this page. Thanks for creating with us at SID!