Saturday, May 19, 2018

Dance Festival Layout

I pulled out these photos several weeks ago to scrapbook, but I couldn't get my Southwest digital cartridge (it has a cowboy hat and boots on it) to work in Cricut Craft Room. Am I the only one who's bummed that Craft Room is going away? I was so sad when I heard it was being discontinued, because I own an Expression and would have to buy a brand new machine if I want to use Design Space. I really love the simplicity of the Expression (put a cartridge in, select, and cut), and am not sure I want to sacrifice that for a cloud based system, especially considering all the traffic on our home network - LOL! Not to mention the mixed reviews I've heard about Design Space. Oh well, I guess I will have to make that decision soon, so if anyone loves their Explore Air and Design Space, feel free to weigh in below in the comments section!

And back to my layout . . . Since I couldn't use my digital cartridge, I cut out a boy and girl figure from Artbooking and colored them to match the photos. The design of the layout is based on the May Blend-a-Sketch challenge from Scrap Our Stash. I used the vertical strips and circle plus two photos from the left page, and then replaced the four paper sections on the right page with three photos and a journaling space. I also used the bracket and added some more vertical strips to tie the two pages together.

The sketch:
My layout:
Recipe:
Spring Fun papers (KI Memories)
Kraft, Chocolate, Sky & Colonial White cardstock
Chocolate marker (Zig)
ShinHan Touch Twin markers - Barely Beige, Mahogany, Warm Grey #4, Marine Blue & Tender Pink
Trinkets Wooden Shapes
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: couple, title
Cricut Artiste cartridge: bracket
Challenges: Bitten By the Bug celebrations featuring dancing (I didn't have any square dancing Cricut cuts, so I dressed the Cricut couple up to match my little dancers!)

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Fabulous dance layout with all the wonderful pictures and pretty papers. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Janis Lewis said...

First of all, so happy you joined in our Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge this week with celebrations with dancing. Your double layout is awesome! I love the elements and papers even if you couldn't use your digital cartridge. And the photos are precious.

Second, I have a Cricut Explore Air and use Cricut Design Space. I promise you, you will love both. The Design Space can do so much more than what I use it for, so no need to be complicated with it unless you want to. It's cool that you can click on template, select a 12x12 layout or a 4.25 x 5.5 card size or a t-shirt if you want to do some iron on stuff, and then size your images accordingly and know they will fit perfectly. I've had a Cricut Expression and another one after that ... forgot what it was... maybe the expression 2... now I have the Explore Air. It cuts perfectly. I love the dial to choose my cutting material. I love all of my cartridges online, plus you can view other cartridges and buy them right away and have access to them immediately. I also do the annual premium access membership. So worth it. 10% discount, plus 50% discount on digital cartridges (license carts like Disney don't use that 50% discount.) It's worth the investment.

Finally, I have a scrapbooking challenge blog opening back up on June 1st. I'd love you to bookmark the site and link up your scrapbooks each month! It's always scrapbook layouts with an optional theme if you want some direction. Otherwise any scrapbook layout theme is accepted. biminimoose.blogspot.com.

PM me on Facebook anytime if you want to chat Cricut and scrapbooking. :) Hugs!
https://www.facebook.com/janis.lewis1

Again, thanks for joining us at Bitten by the Bug 2.
Janis
PauseDreamEnjoy.blogspot.com

moknowsall said...

Lovely layout. When plan A doesn’t work, sometimes plan B is better. I love my Explore and haven’t used my expression in a few years. Once you use it, it’s really nice. CCR on steroids. Thanks for joining BBTB2

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a pretty layout. Love the details and stash use. Great sketch take. Thanks for playing along in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash. Happy Scrapping!

Carmen Crosseti Cohen-Henriquez said...

Fantastic double page layout! Lve your take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash

Michelle Henderson said...

Love your soft colours, and that you've managed to turn the sketch blend into a double :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

ÅsaJ said...

Such a pretty layout! Love those colors together! Thanks for joining Scrap Our Stash! Hugs Åsa