Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Valiant Layout

For this layout of Trafalgar Square in London, I started with the October 15th sketch from Let's Scrap, and moved things around a bit until I got the look I wanted. Since Trafalgar Square commemorates the British naval victory at the battle of Trafalgar, I added a ship and some waves, and my journaling is all about Admiral Lord Nelson, commander of the British fleet, who was killed by a French sharpshooter in the battle. Just a fun tidbit: I included a picture of a pigeon because my kids used to love watching the animated movie, Valiant, which features a pigeon who goes to London to sign up for the Royal Pigeon Homing Service during WWII. And where does he enlist? At Trafalgar Square, of course!

Let's Scrap Sketch:
My Layout:
Recipe:
Pet Shop papers (KI Memories)
Goldrush, Whisper, Cocoa & White Daisy cardstock
Goldrush, Whisper & Sky ink
Steel Grey marker (Zig)
Cats & Bats enamel dots
Cricut Wall Decor & More cartridge: ship, waves, title
Challenges: The Studio Dotty about Dots challenge

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the clean lines of your layout and also your choice of colours!
Thank you for joining us at The Studio Challenges!

scrapqueen141 said...

I really love the layout! Great color choices and I like the journal quotes! Great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Let's Scrap! Blessings, Jamie DT

CathQuillScrap said...

Love how you changed up this layout. Really good work. Thanks for playing along with Let's Scrap Sketches.