Friday, March 6, 2020

EMS Sketch Challenge 86 + Baby It's Cold Outside Layout

Time for a new sketch challenge! I haven't done a single pager in a while, so I thought I would share one I created for my snowy-day-but-we're-snug-inside-sipping-hot-cocoa layout. The photos can be either full size or slightly trimmed 4" x 6" ones, and if you want more of a heart shape for your overall layout design, you could always center the bottom photo. I added a strip of vellum across the page because my title wasn't showing up very well again the busy papers, so don't be afraid to make modifications to make the sketch work for you. Please post a link in the comments section to your completed layout if you use the sketch. I love seeing what others do with my sketches!

The sketch:
My layout:
Recipe:
A Sip & Whooo's Your Valentine stamp sets
Cup of Cocoa paper (Frances Meyer)
White Pines paper
Vellum
Cranberry, Glacier & White Daisy cardstock
Cranberry & Glacier ink
Black & Gold Metallics markers
Durables Triangle Studs - antiqued gold
Cricut Simply Sweet cartridge: title
Cricut You Are Here cartridge: snowflakes, mug
CTMH Confetti embossing folder
Challenges: Bitten By the Bug anything except a card; Double Trouble #51 Go Green (Thing 1 - use lots of green + Thing 2 - play along with Heart 2 Heart's Put Your Green On challenge + Thing 4 - added antiqued gold studs and used a gold marker around the heart to include something gold)

10 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love seeing some of the retired papers from CTMH, White Pines was one of my favorites. Great layout and the emphasis on photos is great...beautifully done. Thanks for sharing at Double Trouble and Heart2Heart.

Golden Goddess Designs said...

Cheryl, you did a great job with this sketch. Love your layout! Fortunately or unfortunately we haven't had any snow days around here this year. I am glad you could make use of your day! Thank you so much for playing along with Bitten By the Bug 2, love seeing your creations.

Alicia

Caroline said...

I love all of those fun pictures with your family having fun! The sketch is so wonderfully done. Nice layout! Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

Dorlene Durham said...

Super cute layout! I love everything but especially the photos! Great job using the Cricut for your embellishments. Thanks for joining the challenge at BBTB2. Dorlene DT BBTB2

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

What a sweet layout! I love those little snowflakes! Perfect for a wintery layout! Thanks so much for joining us at Bitten By The Bug 2!

Brandi said...

What a fun layout, I love the title...we are finally seeing some warm days where I am but it is a great layout! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Cat Nowak said...

What a great layout! Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

Denise S. said...

Great layout and using your Cricut for the embellishments is really cool. Thanks for posting on BBTB2.

Katy said...

I just LOVE to see layouts on our challenges! Thank you so much for linking up to the H2H Green Challenge!

Kim said...

What a sweet layout and memory. Thanks for joining the challenge at Bitten by the Bug 2.