Sunday, May 15, 2022

Happy Mother's Day 2016 Layout for Lasting Memories

Lasting Memories' third Wedding Tradition-themed challenge this month is "something borrowed," and the idea behind it is quite clever: scraplift a layout created by one of the Lasting Memories design team. I knew I wanted to scrapbook some Mother's Day pictures, so I found something that would fit my photo sizes and also that had a cute design. I did have to adapt it a little, since I had one too many photos. Using foam tape, I popped up my 5" x 5" photo to create a pocket to hold a 4" x 6" photo that I trimmed down and placed on a tag. It also gave me an additional spot to write journaling, so a win all around! Please check out the Lasting Memories Design Team gallery here on Pinterest if you're interested in playing along with this fun challenge.

Here's my layout: 


Here's the tag, both front and back:


And here's the layout I lifted (Hocus Pocus by Sandy Ross):

Recipe:
May Word Puzzle stamp set
Oh Happy Day papers (Simple Stories)
Sage, Black & White Daisy cardstock
Canary, Pixie, Lagoon, Peacock & Black ink
Black marker
Oh Happy Day ephemera & washi tape (Simple Stories)
VIP Rainbow Acrylic shapes
Black organdy ribbon (from my stash, source unknown)
White rick rack (Wrights)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tag
Challenges: Challenge YOUrself #101 I Love (being a mom - included in the journaling on the right-hand page);  Inspiration Station #29 Mother and Child

9 comments:

Donna Walls said...

This is a lovely Mother's Day Memory page. I envy those who create such lovely scrapbook pages..I need to go back to scrapbooking or memory keeping of some kind. Thanks for sharing with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely projects.
Donna
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge

Sharon Fritchman said...

Cheryl, I absolutely love your 2-page layout! It is so beautiful. I especially like the wonderful photos of your and your children. Thank you so very much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. Your layout is perfect for the "I love . . . " challenge!!! YAY!!!

Sandy Ross said...

Fabulous layout, thanks for joining us as a guest designer at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges for the month of May and for scrap lifting from one of my layouts. I am honoured!!!

Tracy P said...

Love the design and so many photos! Fun times! Thank you for joining in with us a Challenge YOUrself.

Lisa-Marie | Scrap Paper Scissors said...

Ooooh! I love your layout design and use of colour! So so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself

Cook Scrap Craft said...

What a great two-pager! I love how you did a hidden photo to get all of your pictures on the layout! Thanks for playing along at Challenge YOUrself!

Kim said...

What a beautiful layout! Thank you so much for sharing with Challenge YOUrself this month!

Carmen Crosseti Cohen-Henriquez said...

Beautiful layout, very clever idea to hide a photo in the pocket. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself this month.

Sherri Caramico said...

Awesome layout - and I LOVE your tag with the hidden journaling - it is one of my favorite things to do! -- Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!!