Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Fall Back Fun Layout

Our church does a fun event every time Daylight Saving begins and ends, and I was looking forward to scrapping these photos from Fall 2016, but for some reason the layout never popped for me. I ended up tearing out sections and instead of using a pre-made die cut with two little girls on it, I went old school with tracing paper, a black marker, and my scissor in order to paper piece one of the girls. It worked out great because I could give her dark hair like my daughter instead of the blond of the original. It was more work but I think it was worth it!


Recipe:
Share the Magic & Diverse Backgrounds stamp sets
Craft On & Something Fierce papers
Blush, Carolina, Peach, Raspberry, Bluebird, Desert Sand, Cashmere, Black & White Daisy cardstock
Sunny Yellow, Carolina, Bluebird, Whisper & Black ink
Black marker
ShinHan Touch Twin markers
Silver brad
Flamingo enamel dots
Cricut Artiste cartridge: clock
Cricut Design Space: title using Thick Typeface and the offset function
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge #94 (rotated right)

Challenges: Double Trouble #126 Scrapper's GORP (Thing 1 = used checks, stripes, florals, & polka dots + Thing 3 = paper pieced girl, pillow & teddy bear); Try Stampin' on Tuesday #584 (paper pieced girl & teddy bear)

4 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a neat memory to highlight, the pictures look like it was a fun time. The paper piecing turned out great on your image! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble!

Alyson Mayo said...

Very cute layout - love the mix of patterns. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love your layout and the little girl and teddy bear that you paper pieced, they are so adorable... love the combination of papers you used and I loved that CTMH floral paper, I know I have some left but not much. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and TSOT.

Becca Yahrling said...

I love a layout with lots of photos like this. The papers are perfect together.