Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Grand Canyon Snow Layout

This layout has been sitting on my scrapdesk for days while I tried to figure out the finishing touches, and I finally decided to just get it done! One thing we hadn't counted on for our trip to the Grand Canyon was snow, but we encountered quite a bit, so I felt I had to memorialize it with at least one layout. I used the pattern Lovely Assistant from Jeanette Lynton's new book Magic, and several elements on my page were inspired by the layout on page 42 of the Fall / Winter idea book. The large chipboard oval on the picture of my son is actually an "O" from the Dimensional Elements Monograms "O" pack. There are two extra-large "O"s that would be difficult to use as part of a title because they're just so big, so I'm glad I found an alternate use for one of them!



Recipe:
Ice Crystals, All Decked Out, Tiny Typewriter Alphabet & Save the Date stamp sets
Mistletoe & Grace Level 2 papers
Black Plaid paper (KI Memories)
Desert Sand, White Daisy & Bamboo cardstock
Cranberry, Desert Sand & Black ink
Cranberry, Bamboo, Grey Wool & Autumn Terracotta markers
Versamarker
Clear embossing powder
Liquid Glass
DE Monograms "S", "N", "O", "W"
Cranberry craft buttons
Cranberry brad
Red sparkles
White Daisy ricrac
Black embroidery floss
3-D foam tape

2 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

Wonderful layout, Cheryl. Love those coordinating colors and the fabulous title! Awesome work!

Anonymous said...

Love this! But how dare you use another company's paper! LOL...you know since I became a consultant 4 years ago, I have not bought any other company's products besides adhesive! I love CTMH and all it has to offer! Thanks for sharing your layout!