Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Stripe Test Layout

I participated in 2 challenges for this layout. The Heart 2 Heart challenge this week was to create something with polka dots and stripes on it, and Let's Scrap (Inter)National Scrapbooking Month challenge #11 was to choose a row from the provided Bingo card and use each item on a layout. I chose the row with "your choice" (I picked stickers), patterned paper, brads, and chipboard. I actually created the stripe paper using a lined stamp from the Noteworthy stamp set, and then I added extra lines using a Moonstruck marker. To create the open space in the center of the layout, I covered part of the Colonial White cardstock with scratch paper, brayered over the whole page with Moonstruck ink, and then removed the scratch paper to reveal a white center.


Recipe:
Blue Ribbon, You & Me & Noted Backgrounds stamp sets
Silhouette Level 2 papers
Colonial White, Bamboo, Desert Sand & Black cardstock
Moonstruck, Black, Desert Sand & Bamboo ink
Moonstruck & Black markers
DE Monograms chipboard "S", "T", "R", "I", "P"& "E"
Black ribbon
Star brads (unknown source)
Karate stickers (Jolee's Boutique)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tickets
Pattern: Let's Scrap sketch 4-11-12

4 comments:

Joelle H. said...

This layout is fabulous! The colors coordinate perfectly with your photos. Awesome job! You've inspired me to get back to my own backlog of scrapbooking. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

Stacy said...

Love your layout. The colors are great.

Paige Dolecki said...

What terrific pictures of belt testing night! Martial Arts colors tend to be pretty bright and your hand made papers really let those colors shine! I just earned my Black Belt in Tae-Kwon-Do last week so tell the cutie in this picture to keep going!

Thanks for sharing your art with us at Heart2Heart Challenges this week!

Paige - DT
www.PaigesPaperParadise.blogspot.com

Lucy Kelleher said...

Really love this Cheryl -- very creative! Your layout turned out just great - TFS :)

Lucy
http://love2createitall.com