Saturday, May 26, 2012

Wedding Card

It's my birthday today, and how are we celebrating? By going to a wedding! Not what I originally had in mind for the day, but I guess I will never forget their anniversary. There are a couple of blogs that had challenges to make wedding cards or layouts (Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday challenge & Creative Belli Challenge #144), so here's my card for the happy couple. All my supplies used on this card are at least six months old, and some, like the Mocha Opaques, I had forgotten I had, so here's to rooting around in your stash and finding oldies but goodies! One last challenge I'm entering this card in is the Stampin' Royalty Color Challenge. They used SU colors, which I don't have, but I did my best to find the CTMH equivalents.


Here's a close-up of the butterfly. I added a little bit of Diamond Stickles to the edges in honor of this magical occasion, and I left the wings free to give the card more dimension.

Recipe:
Find Your Style & You & Me stamp sets
Life Delights Level 2 papers
Lilac Mist & Colonial white cardstock
White DAisy TExtured cardstock
Chocolate, Sky & Blush ink
Chocolate marker
Chocolate ribbon
Mocha Opaques adhesive gems
Heart brad (unknown source)
Diamond Stickles (Ranger)
3-D foam tape
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: butterfly
Pattern: Pieced Together from Wishes

6 comments:

Georgeann Manning said...

Happy birthday to you!! and you got to celebrate by stamping!! That is always my favorite way! Your card is lovely! I always love looking through my supplies and finding things i forgot i had...seems like they always turn out to be just the thing i needed at that time! Very pretty card! Glad to have you play along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

BrendaB said...

Beautiful card - I love the dimension on the butterfly! Hope you had a great birthday! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

joy said...

What beautiful colors you have used - I love the flourish and the design on the butterfly.

Sarah said...

Aww! This is beautiful! I love the butterfly and the sentiment is so great! Thanks for joining us @ Frosted Designs!

Ashley Horton said...

This is so pretty!! I love the little bit of inking you added to the butterfly and the stamped flourish is gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along with us @ Frosted Designs!! :)

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card!!! Congratulaion!!! Lovely soft color.