Wednesday, January 9, 2013

SCS Variety Challenge 181 - Stamping Stampede

It's the 2nd Wednesday of the month, so that means another Variety Challenge for Splitcoast Stampers.Please visit SCS (using the link below) if you would like to play along.

SBVC181 Stamping Stampede

I have so many wonderful stamps, and I haven't been using them as much since I got my Cricut, so this week's challenge is to pull out those stamps and use them creatively. I would love to see a stampede of stamping techniques on your layouts. Show me what you can do with your stamps!

For my layout, I chose to use masking (the title), creating a background (the photo mat), and curving a stamp to create a different shape (the border for the circle).

For those who are wondering what I mean by masking, here's a quick tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers on how to do this: Reverse Masking Tutorial. It's so easy to combine multiple images to make one sentiment or design. I created my title using words from two different stamps. There are several other ways you can mask, and here's a fun video produced by the CTMH team that demonstrates a few of those methods.

Recipe:
My One and Only, Baroque Borders, Universal Backgrounds & Eclectic Edges stamp sets
Bella & Victory Level 2 papers
Whisper, Olive, Sky & Bamboo cardstock
Whisper, Olive, Sky, Cocoa & Smokey Plum ink
Burlap ribbon
Craft buttons
Milepost Shapes: stars
Pattern: Nuts About Sketches Week 242

No comments: