Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sunset at Epcot Layout

It's the last week you can participate in my November sketch challenge, so I thought I'd showcase the sketch with one of my own layouts. When we were at Epcot, my hubby took tons of pictures of the sun setting over the lagoon, but only two of the photos seemed scrap-worthy. Fortunately, that fit in perfectly with my November sketch, plus it gave me an opportunity to play along with the Heart 2 Heart Sponging challenge. For the title, I sponged a piece of Colonial White cardstock with three different colors of ink (Creme Brulee, Goldrush, and Smoothie), then I used Versamark ink to stamp my title over the sponged cardstock, followed by clear embossing powder. Finally, I brayered Chocolate ink over the whole piece, leaving my sponged and embossed title to pop through. Thanks for a fun challenge, H2H, that inspired me to do something I would not have thought of on my own!

Last week to play along with this month's sketch!
Recipe:
Trinity Alphabet stamp set
Perfect Day Level 2 papers
Whisper, Indian Corn Blue, Creme Brulee & Colonial White cardstock
Creme Brulee, Goldrush, Smoothie, Chocolate & Versamark ink
Clear embossing powder
Sparkle flourishes
Sparkles
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: hearts overlay, hearts
Pattern: EMS Sketch 50

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout, Cheryl! Love how you colored the title! Thanks for sponging along with us at H2H!

Sharon Madson said...

Oh, Cheryl, I love this page! First of all,a great sketch! :)
And then that heart overlay is wonderful. Great title work and fab photos!

Tanya said...

Great use of the layout! And I love the title technique! :)

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

Love your layout, you did good on the sketch and the title technique is so cool. Thanks for joining us at H2H