Monday, November 28, 2016

Santa Claus is Coming Layout

Now that Thanksgiving is over and my house guests have left, I have a brief lull in the craziness of life and am trying to get a few layouts scrapped. My goal is to finish 2013's layouts before 2017 hits. I only have a few to go, so wish me luck! Here's the first of (hopefully) several for this week.
Here's the journaling card that will be inserted into the accompanying pocket page. I used this sketch from the Sketches in Thyme Project Life Style challenge blog, but I switched it up a little to fit my horizontal space.
And here's the completed pocket page:
Recipe:
Santa Claus, Trim the Tree & Save the Date stamp sets
Mistletoe Level 2 papers
Colonial White cardstock
Cranberry, New England Ivy, Garden Green & Versamark ink
Black marker
Carmine & Mahogany Shin-Han Twin Touch markers
Silver metallic marker
Silver embossing powder (JoAnn Craft Essentials)
Sparkles Holiday Shapes
Red shimmer trim
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: trees, stars
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: oval
Pattern: Splitcoast Stampers Sketch16Sep3
Challenges: Lasting Memories Glitter & Glam (I used sparkles, glitter tape & silver embossing); Heart 2 Heart Changes (I journaled about a change of venue for a Christmas party); Use Your Stuff Christmas card or scrapbook page

9 comments:

missgailly said...

Great Christmas layout! Love how you fit so many photos. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Lauren said...

This is beautiful! I love your journaling! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Haven_mom4 said...

I can relate to your goal. Think I'm somewhere around late fall 2013. Wonderful layout so glad you joined us at use your stuff

Khristina Sorge said...

Great Christmas layout and a perfect way to include lots of photos! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Use Your Stuff.

Tammy L said...

It's a great layout and I hope you get all of your 2013 done as planned! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again.
Tammy - DT Co-ordinator

Beth McCullough said...

We can all relate to being behind in scrapbooking. I'm actually impressed you're only three years behind! Love your scrapbook pages and that you are combining traditional scrapbooking with pocket pages! Thanks for joining us at Use your Stuff Challenge Blog. Hope you join us again soon!

Melissa Robinson said...

Yes, can totally relate to being behind. I try not to think of that often. LOL

Love the use of the pocket pages and the layout is GREAT!

Thanks for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

MlisRobinson.CTMH.com

Sandy Ross said...

Fabulous Christmas spread...you captured so many wonderful memories! Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories!!!

Susanne said...

Love your card, and your two page spread is fabulously done.