Monday, November 21, 2016

White Pines Embossed Christmas Card

I haven't been posting much on my blog this month, but I have been crafting! Last Friday night was my Christmas card workshop so I've been busy designing cards and cutting out all the pieces for my gals. One of my cards took me a while to design, but once it started coming together, I loved it. Hope you do, too. I used an emboss resist technique to stamp the trees and stars on white cardstock, and then sponged over the embossed images. After wiping off the excess ink from the image, I was left with a pretty scene as a focal point for the card.
Recipe:
Back to Nature, Christmas Love & Holiday Jingle stamp sets
White Pines Level 2 papers
White Daisy & Kraft cardstock
Sapphire, Desert Sand & Versamark ink
Clear embossing powder
Blue grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)
Challenges: Heart 2 Heart Holiday Color challenge (no red or green on a Christmas card)

2 comments:

JenniferE said...

Pretty card! Love the trees...so calming.

Alyson Mayo said...

Emboss resist is such an awesome technique and it looks terrific on this card. I love the colour combination. Thanks for sharing your non-traditional Christmas card with us at Heart 2 Heart!