Thursday, June 8, 2017

Exploring London on Foot Layout

My husband and I recently took a trip to London as a treat for surviving and enjoying 25 years of marriage, so I got a bunch of photos printed up and am going to try to scrapbook them all before I forget the details of our trip. Here's the first layout! We stayed at the Portobello Hotel, a cute boutique hotel in Notting Hill, and every day we would walk to the Notting Hill Gate tube station, about a ten minute walk. It wasn't quite as fun walking back to the hotel in the evening when we were tired, but we did get to know Kensington Park Road pretty well. For the layout, I tried to recreate the feel of the street where the hotel was located. The facing page will be a photo storage page with six photos of the area, so I will post them here so you can get a feel for our whole trip!

The weather was gorgeous so all the foliage was looking its best.



My hubby really loves trees so we took lots of pictures of the beautiful trees in London!


Recipe:
Around the Block stamp set
Sky, Garden Green, Goldrush, White Daisy, Slate & Black cardstock
Black, Garden Green, Goldrush, Whisper & Bamboo ink
White gel marker (Sakura)
Gold metallic marker
Black marker
Shin-Han Twin Touch markers
Cricut Artistry cartridge: house
Pattern: EMS Sketch 31

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is adorable! I'm loving the illustrated hotel you used. And the colors couldn't be better.

Joyce Ann said...

So wonderful to see your lovely photos and amazing layout! Awesome job with your Cricut, stamping and coloring. That has really made an impressive page. So happy you all enjoyed your trip and have returned safely.
Hugs, Joyce Ann

Rita T said...

My family had a day out to London on Sunday so I'm enjoying your London layouts. We had a quick stop at St Paul's Cathedral but our main focus for the day was the London Eye and the Tower of London.