Friday, June 23, 2017

Feed the Birds Layout

When I think of Saint Paul's Cathedral in London, the song "Feed the Birds" from Disney's Mary Poppins movie is the first thing that comes to mind, so I made sure we took some pictures of the pigeons when we were visiting St. Paul's! This is my first St. Paul's layout, accompanied by a photo storage page, and features a few pictures of the exterior. For the bird die-cut next to the title, I actually used a quail cut, but I snipped off the plume on top of his head so he resembled a pigeon.

Here's my journaling card for the coordinating pocket storage page. I started with a sketch but changed the orientation to fit with my other photos. FYI: the dots on the ground are supposed to be bird seed, not bird poop! I realized after I added them that there could be some confusion there. . .
And these photos of the exterior of St. Pauls will also go in the pocket page.




Recipe:
Striped paper (MME)
Chocolate, Cashmere, Whisper, Sunset & Black cardstock
Chocolate ink
Brown and Black markers (Zig)
Tan ribbon (from my stash)
Cricut Noah's ABC Animals cartridge: title, bird
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tags
Cricut Artiste cartridge: border
Pattern: Let's Scrap 6-15-17 sketch (left side only)
Journaling Card Pattern: Sketches in Thyme Project Life Style #75
Challenges: Bitten By the Bug 2 Birds of a Feather challenge

14 comments:

Laura Pizz said...

Love your LO - and great idea to customize the bird.

Jonnece said...

Great layout. I love the tag. Well done. Thanks for joining us at 'Lets Scrap Sketches'. Jonnece DT

Lori said...

Beautiful layout and I love your journaling card! I had to laugh at the bird seed comment - it looks great! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketches In Thyme PL Style! Lori DT

Laurie Levorson said...

Great layout! Looks like it was a wonderful trip and thanks for putting that Feed the Birds song in my head LOL!!

Janis Lewis said...

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing at Bitten by the Bug 2.
~DT Janis

scrapqueen141 said...

Great layout, I love how you turned a photo into a tag - never thought of doing that before, but I will now! Great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Let’s Scrap! Blessings, Jamie

Caroline said...

Cheryl, I love this layout with the awesome pictures and images. What a great idea to coordinate the layout with a pocket page. Such great memories. I love the birdseed/poop comment, lol. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Fiona said...

Great take on this months sketch. Thanks for joining us at Lets Scrap!

Susan Edwards said...

Love this layout... and the Mary Poppins reference. What a fun thought!!! Thank you for joining us at BBTB2. I love this.
xx Susan

moknowsall said...

hi,

Love your layout - ohhh I really want to go there. W/onderful pictures too. I am in love with Mary Poppins, so I would think of the same thing. What an amazing place. Your quail, turned pigeon is the perfect touch. Don't ya know I am now singing the song in my head...... Tuppence a bag.......

thanks for joining our BBTB2 challenge (Birds of a feather) this week.

maureen

Angie Pond said...

Love the cute bird!! Thanks for joining us at Let's Scrap!

Esther Putters said...

I love the titel on this layout. Thanks for joining us at Let’s Scrap.

Esther Putters said...

I love the titel on this layout. Thanks for joining us at Let’s Scrap!

CathQuillScrap said...

Your little birdie is soooo cute. Thanks for playing along at Let's Scrap.