Saturday, January 6, 2018

Henry VIII's Kitchens Journaling Cards

Yesterday I shared the layout I had created featuring photos from Henry VIII's kitchen at Hampton Court. Of course, we took many more photos than those I included in the layout, so I'm adding a photos storage page between the two pages. I didn't have quite enough photos to fill one side of the page, so I added some journaling cards to fill in the extra spaces.

The first card used Sketch #89 from Sketches in Thyme PL Style. I changed up the shape at the top to go with the circles on the patterned paper.

The next card used Sketch #93, also from Sketches in Thyme PL Style, but I turned it upside down to fit the blank space in my photo. This was actually a horizontal photo, but I trimmed it to fit on the 4" x 6" cardstock.

The final card  didn't use a sketch, but I tried to stay with a similar style. After making three of these cards, my admiration for pocket scrapbookers has really increased. I found it much harder to get creative three times than just to scrapbook on one larger canvas. Pocket scrapbookers, you are the bomb!

And here's the completed pocket page with the journaling cards inserted.
Recipe:
Alphabet Solos C, I & Y, At the Aquarium & Tiny Typewriter stamp sets
Magic Moments level 2 papers
Saddle, Dutch Blue, Cocoa & Colonial White cardstock
Saddle, Dutch Blue, Cocoa & Tuxedo Black ink
Dutch Blue marker
Coffee marker (Zig)
ShinHan Touch Twin markers

No comments: