Friday, July 27, 2018

Explore Olmstead Point Layout

I've been working on London vacation pictures for a long time now, but I thought I'd pause and switch over to some photos taken at Yosemite in 2012. As many of you know, the Ferguson Fire is currently burning west of Yosemite, causing quite a deterioration in air quality at the Park. I speak from personal experience, as my family just returned from a very smokey week in the valley, and I still am struggling with a hacking cough. The National Park Service decided to temporarily close the valley starting Wednesday, but the rest of the park is still open. For those who have never been, the Tuolumne Meadows area is quite beautiful, and as of last week, the air quality was decidedly better than in the valley. Since these pictures were taken at a location on the road between Crane Flats and Tuolumne Meadows, I thought I'd post this layout as a tribute to the Park and the 3,400 firefighters protecting it.

I played along with a fun "This or That" challenge from The Studio Challenges. They posted a list and asked us to choose one from each column. I wasn't able to incorporate all the lines, but I did my best! Here are the ones I managed:
polka dots or stripes
sequins or enamel dots
heart or star
stencil or stamps
stencil or embossing
twine or ribbon
blue or pink
boys or girls
Recipe:
Pack Your Bags & Travelogue stamp sets
Central Park & Fresh Air papers
Glacier, Pacifica & Grey Wool cardstock
Pacifica, Whisper & Grey Wool ink
Steel Grey marker (Zig)
Blue enamel dots
Grey Wool baker's twine
3-D foam tape
CTMH Stripe embossing folder
Cricut You Are Here cartridge: let's go, mountains, teardrop
Pattern: Sketches in Thyme #334
Challenges: Heart 2 Heart fresh air fun challenge

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Great take on the sketch! I love those perfect accents at the bottom! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lasting Memories! :)

denise said...

Wow! great layout! Thanks for joining us at the studio challenges!

Laurie Levorson said...

Great layout! At first glance is looks very simple and classic, but you have added so many details that make it all work together so nicely! Thanks for sharing at Heart 2 Heart!

Angela said...

Fantastic! Love your color choices. Thanks for playing along with us at SIT!