Tuesday, November 27, 2018

National Gallery Pocket Pages

Gotta confess, I love creating full size layouts, but when it comes to doing pocket cards for my pocket pages, it tends to feel more like a chore! Usually I put it off and end up with a bunch of empty spaces among the photos in my pocket pages, so I forced myself to create a few cards this week to fill in some blanks. The first set goes in the pocket page facing my National Gallery intro page, so I went with the same paper pack and even used the same letter stickers as on my main page. Originally, I was just going to throw all the paintings in the pockets and call it done, but I decided since this would probably be my only trip to England, I should really go the extra mile (kilometer?) and identify each one!
Want to see the labels? Click on the picture for an enlarged view!
Recipe:
Skylark papers
Kraft & Colonial White cardstock
Desert Sand, Flaxen & Lagoon ink
Cork Alphabet stickers
Love Letters rub-ons

The next card set was for the reverse side of same pocket page, but I needed to put cropped pictures on them, so I made them super simple. I had already emptied my spray pens of the matching ink for the facing page, so instead I used a stamp set and stamped random dots all over and then sponged the cards in Goldrush ink. Added a little lettering and everything was good to go.
Recipe:
Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp set (SU)
White Daisy cardstock
Hollyhock, Crystal Blue & Goldrsuh ink
Black marker

No comments: