Saturday, December 8, 2018

EMS Sketch Challenge 70 - Buckingham Palace Layout

It's December and my Christmas gift to all my fellow scrappers is a new sketch! Special thanks to Sapphire1968 over at Splitcoast Stampers for inspiring me. I loved her Chalk Art layout and thought it would make a great sketch! Enjoy, and don't forget to post a link to your completed layout using the link-up below.

The Studio challenge blog wanted us to use gold on our layouts, which seemed a perfect fit for these photos of Buckingham Palace. I added lots of gold accents (embossed hearts, crown and dots, gold marker line, gold ribbon); my favorite was the title, which I cut out of white cardstock using Cricut Design Space, and then covered with Versamark ink and gold embossing powder. It was a challenge to heat emboss it without toasting my fingers, but I love the result!
Recipe:
Lollydoodle, Spot On Backgrounds & Save the Date stamp sets
Star Spangled Blue, Chocolate & Kraft cardstock
Versamark ink
Star Spangled Blue, Chocolate & Gold Metallic markers
Gold embossing powder
DE Album Pages chipboard
Irresistibles You & Me chipboard
Gold ribbon (from my stash)

EMS SKETCH CHALLENGE 70 - Link up your completed layouts here.
An InLinkz Link-up

1 comment:

Lisa-Marie | Scrap Paper Scissors said...

This is a really lovely layout! I love the brown and blue with the gold - it all works so well with your photographs.
Thank you for joining us at The Studio Challenges!