Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Great Expectations Layout

Considering how far behind I am in my scrapbooking (working on 2014, in fact), it seemed like this day would never come, but it has finally arrived. Today, I started scrapbooking our adoption journey for our two youngest children! I was fortunate in that I had journaled about how it all unfolded at the time, so I was able to format the information and print it out to use on my layout. There's a lot of it, but since the kids came to us through the foster care system, I had to be careful in how I shared it in a public forum. My solution? Hidden journaling. I added a 12" x 6" Flip-Flap to the side of my layout, with photos on the visible side and the journaling on the back. My title is from the Charles Dicken's book, and it seemed fitting since this journey began with such high expectations for a short and simple adoption. We ended up being more like the family in Instant Family, but this is how we started out!
Here is what the left side of the layout looks like once the flap is opened. For privacy reasons, I  faded most of the faces and the journaling.
Recipe:
Chantilly papers & My Complements chipboard
Cotton Candy, Buttercup, Twilight, Pear & Grey Wool cardstock
Cotton Candy, Twilight, Pear & Grey Wool ink
Mind Your Manners Ephemera (Bella Blvd)
Field Notes Journaling Ephemera (American Crafts)
Illustrated Faith Family & Go die-cuts (Bella Blvd)
Pear Bigger Brads
White Daisy crocheted flowers
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: title
CTMH embossing folder: stripe
Pattern: Rochelle Spears April 2019 sketch
Challenges: Splitcoast Stampers Tell Me a Story challenge

1 comment:

Brittany M. said...

Brilliant use for a flip flap to hide your journaling...and it fits so lovely in your layout as well!