Saturday, September 11, 2021

50th Birthday Fun Fold Card

Double Trouble has a challenge to make a fun fold card, something that is far outside of my comfort zone. Fortunately, they also provided some tutorials for how to do this, so I started with the easiest one, and here is the resulting card I created. My friend Lori is turning 50, so I wanted a pretty card that didn't give her too hard of a time about her age. Hopefully she likes the one I came up with. The heart portion of the card was fun to design; I cut the hearts out using my Cricut and then used the negative piece on my card with a stamped piece of cardstock underneath it.

When the card is opened, you can see the rest of the flowers I stamped plus the sentiment. I know the sentiment looks a little high up on the card, but I wanted to leave space for my family to sign and personalize it.

Creating this was a fun experience, so I may get even braver and try out some of the more complicated fun fold tutorials on their list!

Recipe:
I Am, Intrinsic Backgrounds, Universal Backgrounds & Just a Number stamp sets
Tickled Pink papers & flower die-cut
Kraft, Blush, Crystal Blue & White Daisy cardstock
Hollyhock, Blush, Crystal Blue & Twilight ink
Gold Metallic marker
Black marker
Gold & white ribbon (Michaels)
Edge distressing tool
Cricut Design Studio: heart overlay
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: title shape
Cricut Artiste cartridge: 50
Challenges: Double Trouble #92 Fun Folds; Creative Creases #14 Anything Goes with a Fun Fold; Bitten By the Bug Anything Birthday using a Cricut cut; Let's Craft and Create #175 Anything Goes with lots of layers

10 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

What a wonderful fun fold card! Your designer papers are so cheery! Thank you for playing with us at the Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Debbie
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Denise S. said...

Lovely card and great use of the negative cut. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Cheryl W. said...

From one Cheryl to another, I think your card is wonderful! I love fun folds and make them fairly often. I don't know if I've made one like yours, but I definitely will now! Thank you so much for joining in on our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

moknowsall said...

As always, a great pie of artwork. I love your work. Thx for showing us at Bitten by the bug.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Cheryl Taking the simplest fun fold from our list, and going out of your comfort zone... great job. Your choices of design papers, colors and personalized stamping, both inside and out, is very classy and thought out just like your scrapbook pages... your recipient will definitely love her card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Creative Creases.

Caroline said...

The colors of your flowers and card are so pretty. Great job on the overlay. I love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Super card, what a nice fold, and I really like the heart panel and how you put the printed paper behind it. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble!

Alyson Mayo said...

Cheryl, this is terrific! Good for you for trying something new... we an always learn new things! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Double Trouble :)

Golden Goddess Designs said...

Cheryl, I am so excited to see you get outside your comfort zone. I happen to love fun folds. I hope you make more and as always thank you for sharing with us at Bitten by the Bug 2.

Alicia

papercraftingprincess said...

I can't wait to see what other fun folds you tackle, because you NAILED IT with this one. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble Papercrafting Challenge.