Friday, September 10, 2021

Friend or Food? Layout

Our cat Thor wasn't quite sure what to make of the hamster, but it was fun to get these photos of him sitting on top of Humphrey's cage! This layout took me a long time to complete; I had put together the background using two patterned paper strips and the leftover die-cut chevrons from a layout I completed back in 2014 (I knew they would come in handy some day), but then it sat on my desk for a while. I was going to play along with last week's challenge from Tic Tac Toe Challenges, so I added the top tag and cut out the cat die-cut, but then inspiration deserted me. Finally pulled the layout out again this morning and added some heat embossing ("friend" and "the story") and enamel dots so I could play along with this week's Tic Tac Toe challenge. Thanks to TTT for giving me the push to get this one done at last!

The photo on the right lifts up to reveal two more photos of my kitty. Here' my favorite one. He's actually yawning but his face look ferocious.

Recipe:
Friendship Word Puzzle, A Typeface & He Said, She Said stamp sets
Dreamin' Big papers
Black, Cranberry, Topiary, Goldrush, Crystal Blue, Grey Wool & White Daisy cardstock
Goldrush, Cranberry & Crystal Blue ink
Goldrush & Black pigment ink
Black marker
Clear embossing powder
Black & White enamel dots
Cranberry ribbon
Flower punch (EK Success)
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: chevrons
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tag
Cricut Artiste cartridge: cat, question mark
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge 75

Challenges: 2 Crafty Critter Crazies #55 Anything Goes with a critter; Let's Craft and Create #175 Lots of Layers (I have five layers on two sections of my layout); Tic Tac Toe Challenges #130 (I used the left column down)

2 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

I’m so pleased we gave you the inspiration you needed to complete your page Cheryl. The result is fabulous! Thank you for coming to play with us at Tic Tac Toe! Vicky x

Marie Bingaman said...

Love that kitty!! We are actually watching Thor right now! 😄 Thanks for sharing with us at 2CCC, and good luck! 😊

~Marie B -DT