Sunday, March 10, 2024

5th Grade Graduation Layout for Lasting Memories #692

My goal for this month is to finish my oldest son's elementary school album, since he is already 22 and I should have done this years ago! Thanks to this week's Lasting Memories challenge, I was able to put another layout into his album. Sandy asked us to create a layout with at least four squares and a square shaker box. I pulled out an old sketch of mine that had lots of squares, and was able to fit the shaker box into one of the photo spaces. I love challenges that make me get creative and step outside of my comfort zone, so thanks to Sandy for her inspiration. We're playing with shapes the whole month of March at Lasting Memories and would love to have you join us!


Recipe:
Blue Ribbon, Teacher Appreciation, Friendship Alphabet Small & Casual Expressions stamp sets
March-April 2002 & January-March 2023 Mix In papers
Black, Clover, Honey Butter & White Daisy cardstock
Black, Clover Meadow, Lagoon & Honey ink
Black enamel dot
Green, silver & gold sequins (from my stash, source unknown)
Washi tape (Recollections)
3-D foam tape
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge #32
Challenges: Colorful Options March 2024 - Green; Color My Heart Color Dare #590
Double Trouble Challenge #161 Pinch Proof - Thing 1 = use green + Thing 2 = play along with Festive Friday's Inspiration list #154 (I chose green, gold, gold embellishment & good luck sentiment) + Thing 3 = add a touch of gold

7 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the sparkly starts you added. It really makes your layout pop! Thanks for playing along with Color Dare! -Heidi

Michelle said...

What a great layout! You've used our colors well to show off your photos. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Wow, a lot of photos and still get all the colors throughout your two page layouts, and the shaker was a great idea to split up photos and embellish your layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble, Festive Frday and Color Dare. You have been pinch proofed.

Tanya said...

I like the layout and how you incorporated everything!
Annnd I hear ya...! While my oldest has a lot of scrapbooks of his own, I am also lacking SOO MANY EVENTS!

Becca Yahrling said...

Wonderful layout with lots of photos (which I love!). Thank you for sharing at Color Dare.

Kellianne said...

This page is so cute and captures a wonderful memory. But my absolute favorite thing about this post is that you are working on books even though it's been so long! I really want to get going on scrapbook pages again because mine are getting older too fast too! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Have you checked the Top 3 and Random Draw winners for Double Trouble "Pinch Proof"?