Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Welcome to the Big Time! Layout

Love these pictures of my happy girl on the day she received her leadership belt at her karate dojo! She was so excited. I went a little old school and used a stamp set, Versamark ink, and embossing powder to create the word welcome for my title. I really appreciated my Cricut after I sat there fussy cutting the embossed word; the rest of the title that I created on my Cricut only took seconds to cut out! Funny story: I could have sworn I had used the black embossing powder previously, but when I couldn't get the lid off, I realized it still had the wrapper on it, so I guess it was new. Glad I got to pull it out for this challenge.

Recipe:
Urban Alphabet stamp set
Summer Stack papers (DCWV)
The Flower Emporium paper (49 and Market)
Gypsy, Black & White cardstock
Gypsy, Buttercup & Versamark ink
Gypsy marker
White gel pen (Sakura)
White acrylic flowers & hearts
Black glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet)
Wild Wheat ribbon (SU)
Unicorn ribbon (American Crafts)
Black embossing powder (Ranger)
Cricut Design Space: scalloped circle, title using Austin Hearts font
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge #115

Challenges: A Cut Above Anything Goes including a die-cut with optional twist of fall flowers (not sure if mine are fall, but I did include lots of flowers); Heart’s Quest Challenge Blog #87 Anything with a heart goes; Little Red Wagon #872 Q is for Quote (I used a quote from the movie A Few Good Men as my title);  Love Those Pretty Papers Anything goes as long as you use lots of patterned paper; NBUS Challenge #89 my never before used stuff is black embossing powder for the title.

No comments: