I was going through a file cabinet trying to purge old files when I found an Olan Mills envelope that had proofs from some photos my husband and I had done when we had only been married a few years. There was no date on the envelope, so I looked through my scrapbooks and couldn't find that I had ever scrapped these photos, possibly because I didn't love how they looked at the time. With the passage of years, I look much more kindly on how my hubby and I looked in the photos, so I made a guess based on my hairstyle and my hubby's lack of a beard in order to figure out where these photos fit and decided to go with fall of 1996.
Recipe:
Best Friends Forever stamp set
Botanical Textures & Unknown floral paper from 2005 (SU)
Linen cardstock
Vineyard Berry & Black ink
Mars Black fineliner pen (iBayam)
Birdsong Ephemera Bits (49 and Market)
Dream Maker stickers
Fancy Cuts Botanicals paper flowers
Paper piercer (We R Memory Keepers)
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge #96
Challenges: Love Those Pretty Papers Anything goes as long as you use lots of patterned paper; NBUS Challenge #89 my never before used stuff is the black and white floral paper; One More Page Any scrapbook layout; The Outlawz Anything But a Card Anything goes except a card; Paper Rocks Scissors #19 Anything goes using paper and scissors - I used scissors to cut the extra nubs off the die-cuts.


4 comments:
I agree, Cheryl, these are very lovely photos! We are always terrible critics of ourselves when it comes to photos. The good thing is that you kept them and it must have been fun coming across them! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell
A fun layout and a great take on the sketch!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Love Those Pretty Papers!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Love Those Pretty Papers Co-Owner
What a great layout! It is funny how we judge our pictures and compare; you both look wonderful. Perfect color scheme really popping the photos! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Outlawz Anything but a Card. Katrina
What a find! Those photos and your layout are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at One More Page.
Post a Comment