Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Kailua Beach & Pali Lookout Layout

We had taken some random pictures to finish up the day and I didn't want to scrap two layouts with them, so I challenged myself to figure out how to scrap them on one layout. The hardest part was the title, but (after re-reading the tourism guide 3 times) I finally hit on using the Hawaiian words Makai (towards the sea) and Mauka (towards the mountains), which is how residents give directions on Oahu. It fit because we first went to the sea, and then drove towards the mountains. The pattern is Creative Team from Imagine. I used an embossing stylus and the channel in my Fiskars trimmer to create the lines above and below the title. The background cardstock on both pages is Bamboo, but for some wierd reason it looks lighter towards the bottom of the page. Must be something to do with scanning the layouts. I've been able to use up bits and pieces of my older paper packs while doing this album, so maybe I can clear out some room for the cute new paper packs in the Winter Idea Book!



Recipe:
True Happiness stamp set
Summer Celebration B&T Combo paper pack (discontinued)
Bamboo, Crystal Blue, Desert Sand, Olive & White Daisy cardstock
Crystal Blue, Desert Sand, Olive & Ocean ink
Autumn & Winter craft buttons
Natural hemp

No comments: