Sunday, August 30, 2009

Picnic Layout

I took another break today from scrapping Hawaii pictures in order to complete another of Helen Onulak's CTMH How-To books challenges (#21). This time, she asked us to use the pattern "Column Composition" from Cherish. It only features 3 pictures, and I am totally not a 3 pictures on a two-page layout kind of gal, so I revised the sketch. Instead of 1 4"x6" picture on the left page, I placed 3 5"x3.5" photos, plus I added a Flip-Flap to page 2, so I actually have a total of 7 pictures on here. Much more my style! I used 2 papers from the Magic Moments kit, but the paisley one was really busy, so I turned it over and used the monochromatic side. This allowed me to stamp my journaling and some captions on the little 2"x2" squares, which was a good thing because I placed my title where the journaling was supposed to go. Speaking of the title, I posted two versions of the layout because I couldn't decide whether I liked it better with the title facing left or right. Please leave me a comment and let me know which you think looks better, version 1 or version 2. It's not fastened down yet, so I'll do that when I get some feedback on which way you like it. I'm sure all you experienced scrappers will have an opinion! Thanks.

Version 1

Version 2


Recipe:
Hodge Podge Alphabet, Tiny Typewriter Alphabet, Friendship Alphabet Small, Atomic Numbers, Alphabet Solos "E", "F" & "H" & Dream Big stamp sets
Magic Moments Level 2 paper pack
Autumn Terracotta & Indian Corn Blue cardstock
Chocolate, Indian Corn Blue & Sunflower ink
Dimension Elements Monograms "P", "I", "C" & "N"

No comments: