Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ho'omaluhia Botanical Gardens Layout

What a crazy summer: VBS, swim lessons, visit from my MIL, vacation in Colorado - whew! After several weeks where I couldn't even catch my breath, much less do any scrapbooking, I finally have some completed layouts to share. I'm still working on our Hawaii 2006 vacation, but I gave up on completing it by the end of July. Now my goal is the end of August. I'm going to a crop / craft weekend at church this Friday night and Saturday, so hopefully I will crank out a few layouts there. Anyway, back to the layout. This was such a simple layout, yet I could not get it finished for a long time. I kept wanting to add more, but could not decide what, so I finally left it alone. It's based on a Becky Higgin's sketch, and I haven't done one of these for a while. It really made me miss the ease of completing a layout using Jeanette Lynton's How To books. They really are "faster, simpler, easier!" At least this is finally done, and the memories are preserved.



Recipe:
Alphabet Solos E, April Word Puzzle & Jungle Leaves (discontinued) stamp sets
Moon Doggie Level 2 paper pack
Sweet Leaf cardstock
Sweet Leaf ink
Cocoa Grosgrain ribbon
Cocoa marker

No comments: