Sunday, November 1, 2009

Lady Layout

October flew by, and I didn't post many layouts, but that's because I was too busy to scrapbook. Sad but true! I decided to get out my supplies early this morning (woke up way too early because of the time change) and complete this layout that's been sitting around for months. I tried a new technique - stamping on twill ribbon - and discovered that you have to use pretty dark ink for it to show up. My friend Lisa wants me to use the Grown with Love stamp at a gathering I'm doing for her later this month, so I thought I'd get it out and experiment with it. Fun stamp set, but I'm not sure what I'll have the ladies do with it yet. Creating the foilage for the tree was kinda time consuming, so I may have to get creative. After I scanned the layout, I realized that the bottom of it seemed kind of plain, so I added a rub-on, but I didn't want to re-scan it, so that's why the two pictures are different.





Recipe:
Homestead Alphabet, Grown with Love & Twitterpated WOTG stamp sets
Rustic Trails Level 2 papers
Cocoa, Desert Sand, Bamboo & Colonial White cardstock
Cocoa, Olive & Black ink
Love Letters rub-ons
Twill ribbon
Photo hanger
Olive marker
White gel pen (Sakura)
Scallop scissors (Fiskars)
Circle & Leaf punches

No comments: