Thursday, September 16, 2010

Something Old Something New Layout

I know this title seems like it should have wedding photos involved, but it was the perfect fit for Mother's Day this year. We combined the old and the new for a thoroughly enjoyable day. The design of the layout is based on 2 sketches by Sally from Split Coast Stampers: #216 & 217. Of course, I revised them a bit, as I can't seem to help doing, but you can still see the bones of the original sketch. Here's a fun stamping tip I picked up somewhere that I want to pass along to you: if you ever want to use a stamped image but it's facing the wrong way, simply stick the design side of your stamp to your acrylic block and stamp the back side of your clear stamp! This will only work with images that don't have words on them and that are cut out closely following the design (as CTMH's are). You can see how I did it with the bird on the right hand page. He's now facing right instead of left, and since there is no design on the back of the stamp, I was able to use a patterned paper for his body without it looking too fussy.



Recipe:
Hodgepodge Alphabet & Felicity stamp sets
Bella, Grace & Stardust Level 2 papers
Bamboo cardstock
Dutch Blue & Desert Sand ink
Antique Copper brads

1 comment:

Denise said...

Great layout! I especially love the "swoosh" on the left!