Sunday, August 11, 2019

Calico Ghost Town Layout

When I found out that this week's Lasting Memories Plants challenge was all about cacti, I really had no idea what I would scrapbook. Despite living in Southern California, we seldom visit the desert except to drive through on the way somewhere else, so I don't have a lot of cactus pictures, if any, to scrapbook. I solved my problem by printing some photos from a trip to Calico Ghost Town, and even though there aren't any cacti in the photos, it still has a desert vibe that works for this challenge. This may be an easy challenge for you, but if not, I encourage you to think outside the box and play along. The result may surprise and please you!

Since we took about 50 pictures at Calico but I didn't want to do a bunch of layouts, I decided to create an overview layout and one other traditional layout and place the rest of our photos in pocket pages. Here are the journaling cards I included with the pocket page photos:



And to give you a taste of Calico, here are a few of the photos I put in the pocket pages:












Recipe:
Dakota papers
Sky, Desert Sand, Black, Colonial white, Pacifica, Chocolate, Saddle, Whisper, Cocoa, Fern & Saffron cardstock
Sky ink
Black marker
ShinHan Touch Twin markers
Let's Go Tidbits (Chic Tags)
Color Kaleidoscope stickers (American Crafts)
Our Adventure epoxy stickers (MAMBI)
Cricut You Are Here cartridge: saguaro cactus
Cricut Southwest cartridge: all other die cuts
Challenges: Lasting Memories #459 - Cactus

1 comment:

Wendy aka wendella247 said...

Love this! Looks a lot like Old Tucson. Fun time with the kids!