Thursday, August 15, 2019

Heritage Park Layout

Heritage Park in Cerritos is such a cool place to visit! It has a Revolutionary War vibe, with historic looking buildings and even a Paul Revere statue, and the kids can play on just about everything. I created a traditional layout plus a pocket page to hold extra photos and a pocket card I designed based on a sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday. I didn't end up stamping on my card, but I loved the design.
Here's the pocket card plus a few of my photos that go in the pocket page:






Recipe:
Design & Display kit "So Happy" papers
Brown marker (Zig)
Swiss Dot light pink grosgrain ribbon (Offray)
Celebrating Freedom Noteworthy ephemera (BoBunny)
Filed Notes Journaling ephemera (American Crafts)
Color Kaleidoscope stickers & sticker book (American Crafts)
Escape the Ordinary Thicker (American Crafts)
3-D foam tape
Pattern (for pocket card): Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch #420 (rotated left)

Challenges: Double Trouble #35 3-2-1 recipe (3 colors = pink, green, tan + 2 patterned papers (green stripes and circles + 1 sentiment or image (I did way more than one but I love every one!) & Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch; Use Your Stuff  #370- Summer Activity (playing at the park)

7 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love how you incorporated a pocket card using the Try Stampin' on Tuessday sketch...I'm so glad you bring your inspiration of so many scrapbook pages to our Double Trouble challenge and many card makers...you always do such creative pages using our themes and optional twists. Thanks again for shring with us at Double Trouble.

Willa Jean said...

What a neat place to visit! Looks like so much fun! I enjoy your layouts so much! LOVE that you list which Cricut Cartridge you use! I love my Cricut!

Heather said...

Wow, what a great take on our sketch! Really great job - and what a fun place to memorialize! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Melanie R said...

Delightful scrapbooking designs and clever way to use the sketch! Thank you for joining in at Double Trouble and Try Stampin' on Tuesday challenges.

Donna Scholz said...

Looks like a really great park, Cheryl! Love how you turned our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch sideways to create your pocket card! Thank you for sharing your creativity and fun time with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

Krafty Kaylin said...

very creative use of the sketch. thanks for stretching what people think you can do with a card sketch. thanks for joining us at TSOT.

Fiona said...

Great to see your scrapbook pages being used for our layout on Try Stampin on Tuesday - here I am with my other Design Team hat on lol! - thanks for sharing