Friday, February 14, 2020

Camera Valentines Card

This morning at about 8:20 my phone rang and my caller ID told me it was my son's elementary school calling. These phone calls seldom presage good news, so I nervously answered the phone. Turns out it was my 4th grader calling to remind me I hadn't given him a card for his teacher for Valentine's Day as I had promised (the Spiderman kit we bought only had one teacher card and he has two teachers, so I had told him I would make a Valentine for his other teacher), so could I please make one and bring it over to the school ASAP? So I ended up scrapping a quick Valentine using a few Cricut cuts. The card base is actually a photo mat for a 6" x 8" photo, but the tab reminded me of a camera viewfinder, so I went with that, but if the teacher thinks it's a file tab, that's okay, too!
Recipe:
Background Builders stamp set
For Always papers
Tulip, Pixie, Black & White Daisy cardstock
Pixie & Black ink
Black marker
3-D foam tape
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: camera, sentiment
Challenges: Bitten By the Bug Valentines; Heart 2 Heart Oh My Heart; Retro Rubber Challenge Blog #128 Love + use red, white & pink (my stamp set came out in January 2019 so it is barely a year old, but it does squeak by, plus I've only used it once, so it really needs some love!)

11 comments:

Cat Nowak said...

What a great card! I love how you used the photo mat for the base. I am sure your son's teacher will love it! Thank you for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

moknowsall said...

for a pretty quick card, it turned out spectacular. My first impression was that it was a camera. I love the little layers and touches that make it special. What a great mom! Happy Valentines day and thanks for joining our challenge at Bitten by the Bug2.

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Such a cute card and I bet your son loved being able to proudly give that to his teacher! Thank you so much for joining us at Bitten By The Bug 2 for the challenge!

Golden Goddess Designs said...

super cute for a quickie Cheryl, I am sure it was a hit! thanks for sharing with us at Bitten By the Bug 2. good luck!

Alicia

Caroline said...

I think this card is so spectacular also. I love that you used the camera for your card base. I think you made an amazing card! Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

Brandi said...

Love the camera, super cute card! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Denise S. said...

Cute card. Sometimes those ones we have to do quickly turn out the best.

Claire Grantham said...

Great card, especially for an emergency make! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Jan Clothier said...

Oh yes - only used once! Definitely in need of some love. Great effort - it doesn't look like a quick card at all. The camera look is great. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Neva Cole said...

What a funny story, and so glad you could deliver such a fun card on short notice for your DS! Great use of all the elements! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

Miss. Carrie's Creations said...

What a great story! Thank you for sharing your creation with us at the Heart2Heart challenge blog. We would love for you to come back this month and join our new challenges.

I can't wait to see what you create!
☕💙 Miss. Carrie's Creations