Friday, April 16, 2021

Bella Peace and Comfort Card

One of my husband's coworkers lost her father this week, so he asked me to make a sympathy card for her. I haven't made a card for a long time, so it was enjoyable to dive back into that world! I pulled out a card base and some scraps of paper and got to work. I'm not sure I've ever made a sympathy card, so this was a new experience for me. I tried to strike a good balance, so hopefully the resulting card is neither too girly (since it's from my hubby) or overly happy looking (since it's a sad occasion).

Recipe:
Words of Comfort & Diverse Backgrounds stamp sets
Bella papers
Hollyhock, Smoky Plum, Canary, Colonial White & White Daisy cardstock
Hollyhock, Smoky Plum, Creme Brulee & Olive ink
Black marker
ShinHan Touch Twin markers
Pattern: Try Stamping on Tuesday #502 (rotated left)


Challenges: Inspirational Challenges #236 Grow (lots of growing things on this card)

6 comments:

Marjolein said...

Great card Cheryl. I think it's a perfect card for this occasion. Not too sweet, but neither too sad; I think this person will feel supported.
Thanks for joining our challenge at TSOT! Groetjes Marjolein

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful grow card Cheryl! I'm sure your husband's coworker will be touched and comforted by your lovely creation. Thank you for joining us at INkspirational~

Heather said...

So very pretty, Cheryl! I love how you turned the sketch, and those lovely flowers are sure to be a comfort! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Donna Scholz said...

Cheryl, a clever interpretation of our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch! I like how you rotated it to create your card! I'm sure the lady who received it appreciated the thought and care that went into it's creation. Thank you for joining us at TSOT this week! We look forward to your next card now that you are "back in the groove"!!! -Donna

Fiona said...

Hi Cheryl - nice to see you card making but I'm sorry for the reason - your card is such a gorgeous sympathy card uplifting and gentle. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT this week, Fiona, DT

Laurie Unger said...

Lovely take on the sketch. thanks for joining us over at TSOT.