Sunday, April 28, 2024

Hello Grade 3 Layout for Lasting Memories #699

April is almost over and it's time for the month's final sketch challenge from Lasting Memories. This week's sketch was a little more challenging for me than last week's, but I knew I wanted to do something with the circles and two photos. I found a background paper with fun green and gold circles and added some cardstock mats to set off the photos. My favorite part of the process was creating the mixed media piece behind the horizontal photo; I brayered three colors of ink onto watercolor paper, then used a wet brush to blend the inks together a bit. I'm not usually very adventurous when it comes to mixed media, but this turned out so well, I may just get bolder! My final layout strayed a bit from the sketch, but that's the fun part about sketches: the end result looks so unique for each creator. Come join us for this or any of the other sketches before time runs out on May 4th! 

Here's the sketch:

And here's my layout:

Recipe:
August Word Puzzle & Stacy's Hand Alphabet stamp sets
Let's Wander Multi-Media paper (American Crafts)
Ballerina cardstock
Watercolor paper (Canson)
Ballerina, Honey, Pear & Black ink
Sweet Rush Collection - Loving This puffy stickers (American Crafts)
Color Kaleidoscope Sticker Book (American Crafts)
Dream Maker stickers
Challenges: Let's Craft & Create #206 Anything Goes with optional twist of Butterflies; Color My Heart #598

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Love the paper seating and the dimension in this page! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare. -Heidi M

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love the style of your background and your variety of shades of our color challenge... beautifully done. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Michelle said...

Another great layout! I love the background and use of our colors. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Debi said...

What a fun layout! Love all the texture. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Becca Yahrling said...

I love how you added the circles; great take on that sketch! Wonderful layout. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.