Sunday, July 5, 2009

Memorial Day BBQ Layout

Happy Independence Day weekend to all. We had a great time yesterday at a friend's house, but we ate way too much food! We all went swimming and Greg got sunburned (ouch), but the kids loved spending the day in the pool. I wanted to post this layout yesterday since it's somewhat patriotic (red, white, and blue color scheme), but we were so tired by the time we came home, we just plopped in front of the TV and watched the fireworks show at the White House. Anyway, here are our Memorial Day photos, scrapped using the Blue Ribbon paper pack and the Creative Rhythm pattern from Cherish. I want to share a cool product I used on this layout. If you've never used the pivot point stapler from CTMH, you are missing out. It is just like having a long-reach stapler, but it is so much smaller. I used it to fasten my folded piece of ricrac onto the layout (see the photos), and I never could have stapled this far into my paper at a slant (my staple need to be at an angle to hold the ribbon on) with a traditional stapler. The staple is almost 4" into the page. Love it!







Recipe:
May & July Word Puzzle stamp sets
Blue Ribbon Level 2 paper pack
Indian Corn Blue, Outdoor Denim & Colonial White cardstock
Indian Corn Blue, Honey & Cranberry ink
Outdoor Denim marker
Foam squares
Ricrac (Joanne's)
Staple

No comments: