Thursday, July 23, 2009

Island Flora Layout

I finished another layout for my Hawaii album, this one using pictures from the beautiful Ho'omaluhia Botanical Gardens. The pattern is Small Packages from Imagine. I love being able to pack nine pictures onto one layout without it looking too busy. Cropping my pictures into 3"x3" squares enabled me to easily show off some of the tropical flora we saw during our visit. I used paper from the Moon Doggie Level 2 kit again (it goes so perfectly with tropical pictures), and I cut my title using my Wishblade and White Daisy textured cardstock which I then brayered with Topiary ink. Another simple but extremely colorful layout to add to the scrapbook. I noticed that this is my 100th layout, so I am halfway to my yearly scrapping goal for 2009. Yay!



Recipe:
Tiny Typewriter Alphabet & Extreme Happiness stamp sets
Moon Doggie Level 2 paper pack
Cranberry, Garden Green, Bamboo & White Daisy cardstock
Cranberry, Topiary, Honey & Chocolate ink
White Daisy Textured cardstock
Chipboard bookplate (source unknown)
Chocolate brads

No comments: