Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bible Boot Camp Layout

Wow, this is my second layout this week! I guess I'm making up for my non-activity the previous two weeks. Mr. Mojo is back. The Lasting Memories blog is having a challenge this week: create a layout using green and white (in honor of St. Patrick's Day, of course). I don't have any St. Patty's pictures, but I did have some photos from last summer's vacation Bible school program. The theme was Bible Boot Camp, so there is lots of army green and camouflage in my photos. I used the pattern Magic Act from Jeanette Lynton's book Magic, and created some camouflaged paper by sponging New England Ivy, Olive, and Desert Sand ink on Bamboo cardstock. I really liked how the layout turned out, except I wish I had written VBS 2010 at the side of the page instead of where I put it. Oh well, can't win 'em all, right?



Recipe:
Hero's Pride, Extreme Caps & Journaling Jots stamp sets
Mistletoe Level 2 papers
Desert Sand, Bamboo & Colonial White cardstock
Olive, New England Ivy, Desert Sand, Cocoa & Grey Wool ink
New England Ivy marker
Colonial White brads
3-D foam tape
Sponges

5 comments:

Denise Pustelniak said...

Your LO is Marvy! I rather like were you put VBS 2010.
Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Dragonlady said...

Great layout and wording. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Hugs Ali x

Karen Wilson said...

I think your LO is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories and hope to see you again!

Sue said...

I think your layout is great. The location of VBS 2010 looks just great. Great job with creating the camouflage paper. Glad you played along with us at Lasting Memories.

Lauren said...

This is beautiful! I love the army elements you've used! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Lauren