Friday, March 11, 2011

Week 10 Layout Linky + EMS SKetch Challenge 25 - The Real Story Behind the Ruins Layout

I'm really late posting my layout again this week, but I have a great excuse - pneumonia! Yes, I have been in bed all week, coughing, wheezing, chest pains, etc. Not a fun week. I managed to put together a layout in spite of that (plus having my parents-in-law here and a birthday party to plan), so I'm pretty proud of myself. This week, the Heart 2 Heart Challenge blog asked us to create a scene using three or more stamps, which was perfect for this layout. (Actually, I just went back and checked and it was supposed to be a scene on a card, but hopefully they'll forgive my illness-induced confusion!) I used the mountains and clouds from Beautiful Things, the grass from True Happiness, and the bricks from Around the Block, three totally different style stamp sets, yet I think they came together really well. I also used a sketch this week, so feel free to check it out for next week's layout if you like it. Can't wait to see your layouts for week 10, ladies!

The Sketch:

My Layout:
Recipe:
Classmate Alphabet, Extreme Caps, True Happiness, Beautiful Things, Around the Block & Picture Perfect stamp sets
Roughing It stamp set (SU)
Indian Corn Blue, Heavenly Blue, Desert Sand, Autumn Terracotta & Colonial White cardstock
Desert Sand, Garden Green, Grey Wool & Bamboo ink
Grey Wool & Bamboo markers

***If you are participating in the challenge, please use the link below to link your layout to this post. You have until Friday at 11:59PM PST to post your tenth week's layout. The link will allow you to post a title and thumbnail that link to your site, where we can see the layout in all its glory! Note: please do not post from a password protected site that will require us to input a password before viewing.

11 comments:

awjmgmom said...

love your layout and sketch. Sorry you're not feeling well. Dealing with flu bug here too so I completely understand. I'm now going to go tuck in to bed with son #2. This will be the 3rd or 4th night of sleeping in one of their rooms on a mattress on the floor or in their bed... ugh. Praying for you and yours to get well!

Patty said...

What a great way to add journaling to the LO!

Tanya said...

Great sketch!! I will have to try that soon!
I hope you feel better very soon!!

Lorrinda said...

Great sketch! Beautiful layout, and I love the mountain scene you created in the corner. Hope you feel better soon, so glad you managed to join us at H2H!

Mandy LaCroix said...

I love the sketch and your layout.

Linda Norman said...

Sorry you are feeling bad! We will be praying for a speedy recovery!

Any chance you could post without your layout earlier in the week? I keep missing it when it isn't up til Friday! Just a suggestion!

Lisa Stenz said...

Great layout. Thanks for sharing it with us at H2H! *Ü*

Michele said...

I love that you did a layout and I think it's an awesome layout too! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Karen Day said...

I love the scene you created on your layout! Glad you could share it at H2H this week :o)

Melinda Everitt said...

Love your layout. Your stamping really added to your layout. Thanks for sharing it with us at H2H.

Corina said...

Very pretty layout and the scene works perfect with it. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!